3/07/2004

I had a dream last night. I was at a theatre and there was time between shows. I decided to pop out into the deserted mall to find a place to get a bite to eat. There was a hamburger stand open. A flame-broiled piece of meat was about to be served to me lathered with mayo and cheese, with a side of fries and a shake?? I was set. All I needed to do was sign the credit card slip and it was on. Declined. That was the response from their little machine. I was declined. My burger was taken away and the person behind the counter gave me an apologetic look since I didn’t have any cash on me.

It will be a cold day in hell before I lift an eyebrow to JT. I am not sure what the details are behind the stunt he and Janet had for the Super Bowl halftime, (see, who’s still talking about this dead horse anyway??) but I have to say I am unimpressed with his actions in the following days. He first reportedly laughed it off, yet turned around and sincerely apologized under mounting pressure. Fine. Why turn around on the Grammy Awards and apologize again? At some point a person needs to make a stand. To apologize again just to be able to perform at this year’s Grammy’s is weak. What one is saying is to me is it is not worth sticking to your principles. Janet didn’t bow to the arrogance of CBS and issue another apology. That it has cost her at least one movie opportunity (Lena Horne.. please…) and a television appearance is unfortunate. One should not have to sell their soul to recover from a mistake.



Where is Osma Bin Hiding? There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Hussein is gone. The Iraqi’s should be able to elect the govt they want.. without the assistance of American tax dollars nor military. Are we still threatened by terrorists from Iraq? Wait.. the Sept 11th terrorists were primarily Saudi. Mmm.. our ally. Gas prices are high. Are the oilfields we’re protecting still in trouble? Why am I not paying less now? Why do I feel less secure since our militia built up and deployed overseas? Why are they still there? Is the Iraqi army just waiting in the sand for them to leave so they may re-take the throne for.. Saddam?? Do we really have him? If so, why are we still there? We? Sorry, our soldiers. Janet’s breast is really an outrage compared to the money Iraq is draining from this country. Education president? Where is he?

Song Of The Day: I Ain’t No Joke – Eric B. & Rakim
Netflix Suggestion: Cracker (series I & II)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin